Elmhurst Chiefs Hockey 2015 Fall Registration
Fall Registration runs from July 9th through August.
Returning Chiefs players from the 2014-2015 season are eligible to register July 9th - 17th.
Returning Spring 2015 players will be eligible to register July 18th - 22nd.
Registration will be open to all on July 23rd.
A link to Online Registration is at the bottom of this page. Please review the information on this page before completing your registration. All participants must be registered with USA Hockey before completing the Chiefs registration – you will be required to enter a valid USA Hockey number for Fall 2015.
Steps to Registration:
- Go to www.usahockeyregistration.com and register your player. Coaches, managers, and on-ice volunteers will also need to register.
- Complete the Chiefs Fall Registration Form. You will need to enter the USA Hockey confirmation number for each participant in order to complete the registration process. Remember to include Chiefs jersey number if applicable and the previous season club team and name. Pay online with Visa/Mastercard with our secure checkout.
- Jersey/Sock Orders: Orders for jerseys and socks can be placed through the Jersey / Spirit Wear link along the top of the Chiefs website.
- Volunteer Form: Review the volunteer opportunities and fill out the online form to sign up to help the club in the 2015 Fall Season.
- Knock-Off-the-Rust Clinic Registration Form: Complete the registration form. Clinic is free with paid 2015 Fall Season registration.
Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis until rosters are full. Feel free to contact any board member through the club e-mails on our website under the About Us link. Contact Andrea Nagle for questions regarding USA Hockey registration.
Fees and Discounts
A Chiefs warm-up jacket is included at no additional cost with all registrations for Fall 2015. Samples will be available for sizing at the evaluations and Picnic in August. Orders will be taken at that time.
|Gold Mite (7-8: Birth year 2007-2008)
|Squirt (9-10: Birth year 2005-2006)
|Peewee (11-12: Birth year 2003-2004)
|Bantam (13-14: Birth year 2001-2002)
|Midget (15-18: Birth year: 1997-2000)
The Chiefs offer multi-player family and goalie discounts for the 2014 fall season as follows:
- 2nd player in family - Families with two players in the 2015 fall/winter season receive a $150 discount on registration fees.
- 3rd player in family - Families with three players in the 2015 fall/winter season receive a $300 discount on registration fees.
- 4th player in family - Families with four players in the 2015 fall/winter season receive a $450 discount on registration fees.
- Goalie - 50%
Goalies receive a 50% discount of their 2015 fall/winter registration fee. Coaches have sole discretion of player placement, even for designated goalie positions. Due to the potential for multiple goalies / interest in playing the position, each goalie may not play the goalie position every game.
Chiefs’ players are not eligible to play additional hockey as part of any rostered travel hockey program or "all-star" or "select team." To promote female hockey, girls are allowed to play in all-girls travel programs, but girls who skate on boys travel teams are not eligible to play for the Chiefs.
The Chiefs Hockey Club reserves the right to change the number of teams offered at any level. There is no refund of deposits or fees for players who withdraw from the club after being placed on a team. Players are required to comply with all rules and policies of the Northwest Hockey league and with the rules and policies of the Chiefs organization. A copy of the NWHL rules can be found at: www.nwhleague.com.
Additional Information and Facts
The Chiefs home games are played at The Edge Ice Arena in Bensenville. The Edge is one of Chicagoland's premier ice-skating facilities, formerly a practice facility for the Chicago Blackhawks. The Edge is also home to the Chicago Steel and Robert Morris Eagles. The Chiefs Hockey Club is looking forward to another outstanding season as a premier Travel B hockey program. Our teams compete in the Northwest Hockey League, playing home games at The Edge and traveling to rinks in the Chicago suburbs to play other NWHL clubs (www.nwhleague.com).
The Chiefs believe in BALANCED ICE TIME where everyone plays and has the opportunity to contribute and learn from the hockey experience. Our coaches stress team play and the Chiefs produce several Northwest Hockey League Champions each season. We provide a quality program that teaches players sportsmanship and hockey skills. The fall season begins in September 2015 and runs through mid-March 2016, with breaks at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
The Chiefs 2015-2016 fall/winter season includes:
- 40+ hours of practice ice time (approximately 40 practices)
- 30+ Northwest Hockey League regular season games (22+ for Gold Mites)
- Northwest Hockey League year-end tournament (3 game minimum)
- Additional tournament participation (teams are encouraged to participate in two to three local or out-of-town tournaments during the fall/winter season)
- Chiefs year end celebration and trophy for each player (March 2016)
- Chiefs warm-up jacket embroidered with logo and player name and number
(optional additional costs may apply throughout the season)
The Chiefs adhere to the Northwest Hockey Leagues draft rules. Players cannot choose which coach they play for. Players will be confidentially evaluated at two sessions in early September 2015 and drafted to create balanced teams at all levels. The draft process is intentionally set up so players experience different coaches and coaching styles and get to play with some new players each hockey season. Players will not be allowed to move up and play at an older age level unless there is a shortage of players at the higher level. There is no guarantee that any player will play with any other particular player, or for any specific coach.
Jerseys and Socks
Jerseys and socks are not included in the registration fees. Every player must have both white and black jerseys and black and white socks. Returning players only need to purchase new jerseys or socks as needed. The jerseys are $65 each. Socks are $15 per pair. If you are new to the club, need a different size jersey, or want a new one, orders for jerseys and socks can be placed through the Jersey / Spirit Wear link along the top of the Chiefs website. If you are unsure about jersey size, we will have sample jerseys at the evaluations in early September 2015. Requests for specific numbers will be honored whenever possible, but if specific numbers are not available, another number will be assigned. Numbers are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
Total Hockey Silver Breakaway Membership! All Chiefs families will receive a Total Hockey Silver Breakaway Membership card. With the card, you earn 1 point for every dollar you spend at Total Hockey. For every 300 points you will receive a $10 discount off a future purchase at Total Hockey. The card will be linked to the e-mail address you provided with your registration. If you already have a breakaway card, you can link this card with your current card. The Chief’s Hockey club will also receive benefits based on the total dollars spent by Chief’s families.
We are always seeking volunteers who can assist with the evaluation process and other club functions. Aside from completing the volunteer form, parents or community members willing to help are welcome to contact club members directly or through the website.